About Dr. Davis
Dr. Davis received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina. Continuing his education at the Medical College of Georgia, he earned his dental degree in 1980. Having grown up in the Metro Atlanta area, Dr. Davis and his wife, Julia, returned to establish practice and residence in Gwinnett County.
Dr. Davis and Julia have 3 grown children: Kathleen (married to Wade Weldon), Alex, and Piper. Dr. Davis enjoys golf, playing piano, reading history, and a bit of painting. Together, he and Julia like to travel, go hiking, and be outdoors. Their church and various civic activities are important to them, as well.
Dr. Davis is a leader in Georgia dentistry, both in terms of education and service. He has been invited to lecture to numerous dental societies and been a speaker at several dental conventions. He is a visiting faculty member at the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education (www.pankey.org). To maintain his commitment to stay abreast of the latest advances in dentistry, he is an active member of the Atlanta Dental Study Group, Hinman Dental Society, and the Georgia Academy of Dental Practice.
Dr. Davis served terms as president of the Georgia Dental Education Foundation, Northern District Dental Society, Gwinnett Dental Society, and Atlanta Dental Study Group. He has been state coordinator for Children’s Dental Health Month, facilities chairman of Georgia Mission of Mercy, and served three terms in the Georgia Dental Association House of Delegates.
Dr. Davis has served on the staff of several area clinics for the underserved: Good Samaritan HealthCenter of Gwinnett, Hebron Community Health Center, Christina’s Smile Clinic, and Ben Massell Dental Clinic. He has done dental mission trips to the Dominican Republic and Kenya. He and Julia have served with the Gwinnett unit of the American cancer Society, Gwinnett Council for the Arts, and Gwinnett Medical Center Foundation.
Dr. Davis has built a successful practice based on relationships and excellence. Taking time for us to get to know each other is an important aspect of that. Caring for each patient creates his passion for dentistry to the point where he wants every procedure to be “the best one he’s ever done.” He has always said, “I want to treat every mouth as if it were my own.”
It is equally important to Dr. Davis that each patient understand their dental conditions well enough to make their own decisions about what treatment is most appropriate for them. If the patient is to enjoy long term satisfaction with the work, then it is important to not only do the dentistry right, but to also do the right dentistry.
Memberships and Leadership Positions
- Elected as an “Honorable Fellow” of the Georgia Dental Association
- Past President of the Georgia Dental Education Foundation
- Past Presidents of the Northern District Dental Society and the Gwinnett Dental Society
- Elected to Fellowship of the International College of Dentists, an international honor dental organization
- Elected to Fellowship of the Pierre Fauchard Academy, an international honor dental organization
- Memberships in the American Dental Association, Hinman Dental Society, and Atlanta Dental Study Group
- Elected to President of Georgia Academy of Dental Practice
- Executive Board Member of Good Samaritan Health Center of Gwinnett
- Visiting Faculty Member at the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Dr. Davis has presented dental lectures to colleagues at The Hinman Dental Meeting, the Annual Meeting of the Georgia Dental Association, the Northern District C.E. Program, and the Birmingham Dental Society
- Dr. Davis has written articles for dental journals
- Dr. Davis has served on the staff of several area indigent dental clinics: Good Samaritan Health Center of Gwinnett, Hebron Community Health Center, Ben Massell Dental Clinic and Christina’s Smile Children’s Clinic
- Community activities include: American Cancer Society- Gwinnett Unit, Gwinnett Council for the Arts and Lawrenceville First United Methodist Church
- Georgia Missions of Mercy Facilities Chair